What Is The Average Graduation Rate In Massachusetts?
The graduation rate is a percentage of graduate candidates who complete their degree in expected completion timeIn general, the graduation rate is computed based on the completion in the 150% of normal time. For example, for the 4-years bachelor's degree programs, the number of completers who completed in 6 years is used to compute the graduation rate.
The average graduation rate of Massachusetts colleges is 64.72%. It includes all institutions' rate (i.e. 4-years and 2-years or less) where the graduation data is available. In public colleges, the graduation rate is 49.64% and private schools' rate is 71.63%.
By gender, the female students' graduation rate is 78.28% and male students' rate is 73.13%.
The schools in below list are the top 5 Massachusetts colleges that have the highest graduation rate. Harvard University has the highest graduation rate of 97% among Massachusetts colleges. Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Tufts University also have higher graduation rate of 96% and 94% respectively. For the ranking, we exclude colleges with less than 5,000 students. You can view more schools at Massachusetts colleges with high graduation rate.
- Harvard University graduation rate: 97%
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology graduation rate: 96%
- Tufts University graduation rate: 94%, transfer-out: 5%
- Boston College graduation rate: 91%, transfer-out: 6%
- Northeastern University graduation rate: 91%, transfer-out: 4%
The following table summarizes the average graduation rate in Massachusetts.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|4 years or high||69.76%||62.69%||72.30%||17.00%|
|less than 1 year||74.61%||79.50%||-||72.48%|
Bachelor's degree Graduation Rate
For the four-years Massachusetts institutions where BS degree grants, the average graduation rate is 75.94%. 39,313 students graduated out of 51,768 candidates. 470 students are still enrolled in the schools and 5,268 students are no longer enrolled or transferred out to other institutions.
By completion time, 32,238 students have completed their degree in 4 years or less as the rate is 62.27% at Massachusetts colleges. 6,193 students completed in 5 years and 4,798 students earned their BS degree in 6 years.
The following table summarizes the graduation rate and number of completers by gender and completion time for Massachusetts collegesNumbers in parentheses in each column indicate the number of completers over candidates in the corresponding category.
|Total||Female Students||Male Students|
|Graduation Rate (in 150% normal time)||75.94%|
|In 4 Years or Less||62.27%|
|In 5 Years||11.96%|
|In 6 Years||1.70%|
|No longer Enrolled||0.91%|
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between Massachusetts Best Schools
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between All Massachusetts Schools
- Core Statistics for College Graduation Rate Stats at Massachusetts
- Average Massachusetts Graduation Rate Statistics
- Colleges with Highest Graduation Rate in Massachusetts
- Colleges with Lowest Graduation Rate in Massachusetts
- Lowest Students to Faculty Ratio in Massachusetts
- Highest Students to Faculty Ratio in Massachusetts