What Is The Average Retention Rate In Alabama?
The retention rate is the percentage of first-time students who attend and continue their study in next year at colleges. The low retention rate means that more students transfer out to or stop/pause the program at a school. In general, high ranked colleges or special purpose colleges' retention rate is higher than others.
The average retention rate of Alabama colleges is 66.25% for full-time students and 42.48% for part-time students. 28,864 out of 38,527 full-time first-year students continued their study in next year at Alabama colleges. In public Alabama colleges, the retention rate is 66% and private schools' rate is 70% By school levels, the retention rate at four-years colleges is 70% and community colleges' rate is 61% in Alabama.
The next schools are the top 5 Alabama colleges that have the highest retention rate. Auburn University has the highest retention rate of 93% among Alabama colleges. The University of Alabama and Samford University also have higher rate of 89% and 89% respectively. For the ranking, we exclude community colleges and four-colleges with less than 1,000 first-time students.
- Auburn University Retention Rate: 93% (full-time), 83% (part-time)
- The University of Alabama Retention Rate: 89% (full-time), 54% (part-time)
- Samford University Retention Rate: 89%
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Retention Rate: 84% (full-time), 60% (part-time)
- University of Alabama in Huntsville Retention Rate: 79% (full-time), 18% (part-time)
The following table summarizes the average retention rate in Alabama.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|4 years or high||69.66%||73.31%||69.79%||45.00%|
|less than 1 year||71.88%||-||-||71.88%|
The following table summarizes the retention rate and number of students by attending status for Alabama collegesNumbers in parentheses in each column indicate the number of students in the corresponding category.
|Retention Rate||First-time Students||Enrolled in Next Year|
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between Alabama Best Schools
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between All Alabama Schools
- Core Statistics for College Graduation Rate Stats at Alabama
- Average Alabama Graduation Rate Statistics
- Colleges with Highest Graduation Rate in Alabama
- Colleges with Lowest Graduation Rate in Alabama
- Lowest Students to Faculty Ratio in Alabama
- Highest Students to Faculty Ratio in Alabama