What Is The Average Retention Rate In Indiana?
The retention rate is the percentage of first-time students who attend and continue their study in next year at colleges. The low retention rate means that more students transfer out to or stop/pause the program at a school. In general, high ranked colleges or special purpose colleges' retention rate is higher than others.
The average retention rate of Indiana colleges is 70.80% for full-time students and 60.83% for part-time students. 38,938 out of 50,643 full-time first-year students continued their study in next year at Indiana colleges. In public Indiana colleges, the retention rate is 65% and private schools' rate is 73% By school levels, the retention rate at four-years colleges is 71% and community colleges' rate is 64% in Indiana.
The next schools are the top 5 Indiana colleges that have the highest retention rate. University of Notre Dame has the highest retention rate of 98% among Indiana colleges. Purdue University-Main Campus and Indiana University-Bloomington also have higher rate of 91% and 90% respectively. For the ranking, we exclude community colleges and four-colleges with less than 1,000 first-time students.
- University of Notre Dame Retention Rate: 98%
- Purdue University-Main Campus Retention Rate: 91% (full-time), 75% (part-time)
- Indiana University-Bloomington Retention Rate: 90% (full-time), 64% (part-time)
- Butler University Retention Rate: 87%
- Purdue University Global Retention Rate: 75% (full-time), 34% (part-time)
The following table summarizes the average retention rate in Indiana.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|4 years or high||70.54%||65.60%||72.69%||70.00%|
|less than 1 year||76.76%||-||-||76.76%|
The following table summarizes the retention rate and number of students by attending status for Indiana collegesNumbers in parentheses in each column indicate the number of students in the corresponding category.
|Retention Rate||First-time Students||Enrolled in Next Year|
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between Indiana Best Schools
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between All Indiana Schools
- Core Statistics for College Graduation Rate Stats at Indiana
- Average Indiana Graduation Rate Statistics
- Colleges with Highest Graduation Rate in Indiana
- Colleges with Lowest Graduation Rate in Indiana
- Lowest Students to Faculty Ratio in Indiana
- Highest Students to Faculty Ratio in Indiana