What Is The Average Retention Rate In Missouri?
The retention rate is the percentage of first-time students who attend and continue their study in next year at colleges. The low retention rate means that more students transfer out to or stop/pause the program at a school. In general, high ranked colleges or special purpose colleges' retention rate is higher than others.
The average retention rate of Missouri colleges is 71.76% for full-time students and 52.48% for part-time students. 29,664 out of 40,712 full-time first-year students continued their study in next year at Missouri colleges. In public Missouri colleges, the retention rate is 74% and private schools' rate is 69% By school levels, the retention rate at four-years colleges is 71% and community colleges' rate is 63% in Missouri.
The next schools are the top 5 Missouri colleges that have the highest retention rate. Washington University in St Louis has the highest retention rate of 96% among Missouri colleges. Saint Louis University and University of Missouri-Columbia also have higher rate of 89% and 88% respectively. For the ranking, we exclude community colleges and four-colleges with less than 1,000 first-time students.
- Washington University in St Louis Retention Rate: 96% (full-time), 67% (part-time)
- Saint Louis University Retention Rate: 89% (full-time), 50% (part-time)
- University of Missouri-Columbia Retention Rate: 88% (full-time), 63% (part-time)
- Missouri University of Science and Technology Retention Rate: 85% (full-time), 42% (part-time)
- Maryville University of Saint Louis Retention Rate: 82%
The following table summarizes the average retention rate in Missouri.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|4 years or high||70.82%||71.85%||70.07%||88.00%|
|less than 1 year||81.32%||82.16%||100.00%||80.27%|
The following table summarizes the retention rate and number of students by attending status for Missouri collegesNumbers in parentheses in each column indicate the number of students in the corresponding category.
|Retention Rate||First-time Students||Enrolled in Next Year|
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between Missouri Best Schools
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between All Missouri Schools
- Core Statistics for College Graduation Rate Stats at Missouri
- Average Missouri Graduation Rate Statistics
- Colleges with Highest Graduation Rate in Missouri
- Colleges with Lowest Graduation Rate in Missouri
- Lowest Students to Faculty Ratio in Missouri
- Highest Students to Faculty Ratio in Missouri