What Is The Average Retention Rate In New York?
The retention rate is the percentage of first-time students who attend and continue their study in next year at colleges. The low retention rate means that more students transfer out to or stop/pause the program at a school. In general, high ranked colleges or special purpose colleges' retention rate is higher than others.
The average retention rate of New York colleges is 75.05% for full-time students and 57.43% for part-time students. 117,249 out of 156,137 full-time first-year students continued their study in next year at New York colleges. In public New York colleges, the retention rate is 68% and private schools' rate is 80% By school levels, the retention rate at four-years colleges is 79% and community colleges' rate is 62% in New York.
The next schools are the top 5 New York colleges that have the highest retention rate. Columbia University in the City of New York has the highest retention rate of 99% among New York colleges. Cornell University and New York University also have higher rate of 97% and 94% respectively. For the ranking, we exclude community colleges and four-colleges with less than 1,000 first-time students.
- Columbia University in the City of New York Retention Rate: 99% (full-time), 92% (part-time)
- Cornell University Retention Rate: 97%
- New York University Retention Rate: 94% (full-time), 46% (part-time)
- University of Rochester Retention Rate: 91%
- Binghamton University Retention Rate: 91% (full-time), 88% (part-time)
The following table summarizes the average retention rate in New York.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|4 years or high||78.92%||74.80%||81.05%||59.86%|
|less than 1 year||76.80%||78.48%||64.75%||76.90%|
The following table summarizes the retention rate and number of students by attending status for New York collegesNumbers in parentheses in each column indicate the number of students in the corresponding category.
|Retention Rate||First-time Students||Enrolled in Next Year|
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between New York Best Schools
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between All New York Schools
- Core Statistics for College Graduation Rate Stats at New York
- Average New York Graduation Rate Statistics
- Colleges with Highest Graduation Rate in New York
- Colleges with Lowest Graduation Rate in New York
- Lowest Students to Faculty Ratio in New York
- Highest Students to Faculty Ratio in New York