What Is The Average Retention Rate In Pennsylvania?
The retention rate is the percentage of first-time students who attend and continue their study in next year at colleges. The low retention rate means that more students transfer out to or stop/pause the program at a school. In general, high ranked colleges or special purpose colleges' retention rate is higher than others.
The average retention rate of Pennsylvania colleges is 74.68% for full-time students and 61.24% for part-time students. 76,673 out of 96,056 full-time first-year students continued their study in next year at Pennsylvania colleges. In public Pennsylvania colleges, the retention rate is 73% and private schools' rate is 78% By school levels, the retention rate at four-years colleges is 78% and community colleges' rate is 68% in Pennsylvania.
The next schools are the top 5 Pennsylvania colleges that have the highest retention rate. University of Pennsylvania has the highest retention rate of 98% among Pennsylvania colleges. Carnegie Mellon University and Villanova University also have higher rate of 97% and 96% respectively. For the ranking, we exclude community colleges and four-colleges with less than 1,000 first-time students.
- University of Pennsylvania Retention Rate: 98% (full-time), 94% (part-time)
- Carnegie Mellon University Retention Rate: 97% (full-time), 100% (part-time)
- Villanova University Retention Rate: 96% (full-time), 50% (part-time)
- Lehigh University Retention Rate: 94%
- University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus Retention Rate: 93% (full-time), 75% (part-time)
The following table summarizes the average retention rate in Pennsylvania.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|4 years or high||78.47%||75.55%||79.89%||78.25%|
|less than 1 year||73.32%||75.14%||69.00%||72.64%|
The following table summarizes the retention rate and number of students by attending status for Pennsylvania collegesNumbers in parentheses in each column indicate the number of students in the corresponding category.
|Retention Rate||First-time Students||Enrolled in Next Year|
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between Pennsylvania Best Schools
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between All Pennsylvania Schools
- Core Statistics for College Graduation Rate Stats at Pennsylvania
- Average Pennsylvania Graduation Rate Statistics
- Colleges with Highest Graduation Rate in Pennsylvania
- Colleges with Lowest Graduation Rate in Pennsylvania
- Lowest Students to Faculty Ratio in Pennsylvania
- Highest Students to Faculty Ratio in Pennsylvania