What Is The Average Students To Faculty Ratio In Massachusetts?
The students to faculty ratio is the total number of students over the number of faculties. When then ratio is low, it is assumed that a students will have more chances to meet or get helped from teachers and professors. Therefore, the students to faculty ratio is one of important consideration when choosing colleges and schools tries to keep it low.
The average students to faculty ratio of Massachusetts colleges is 12 to 1. It is based on all institutions' ratio where the students and faculty information is available. In public Massachusetts colleges, the student faculty ratio is 13 to 1 and private schools' ratio is 10 to 1. By school levels, the students to faculty ratio at four-years colleges is 11 to 1 and community colleges' ratio is 14 to 1 in Massachusetts.
The next schools are the top 5 Massachusetts colleges that have the lowest students to faculty ratio. Massachusetts Institute of Technology has the lowest ratio of 3 to 1 among Massachusetts colleges. Harvard University and Berklee College of Music also have lower ratio of 5 to 1 and 9 to 1 respectively. For the ranking, we exclude community colleges and four-colleges with less than 5,000 students.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Students to faculty ratio: 3 to 1, 11,254 students, 1,681 faculties
- Harvard University Students to faculty ratio: 5 to 1, 30,391 students, 2,455 faculties
- Berklee College of Music Students to faculty ratio: 9 to 1, 6,631 students, 831 faculties
- Simmons University Students to faculty ratio: 9 to 1, 6,263 students, 872 faculties
- Boston University Students to faculty ratio: 10 to 1, 32,718 students, 3,946 faculties
The following table summarizes the average students to faculty ratio in Massachusetts.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|Total||11.60 to 1||12.80 to 1||10.11 to 1||13.02 to 1|
|4 years or high||10.99 to 1||14.77 to 1||10.24 to 1||12.00 to 1|
|2-4 years||13.52 to 1||14.69 to 1||8.50 to 1||13.80 to 1|
|less than 1 year||11.67 to 1||8.17 to 1||8.00 to 1||12.97 to 1|