Geothermal Energy from Oil and gas Demonstrated Engineering (GEODE) Funding Opportunity Announcement is a Discretionary grant funded by Golden Field Office. It's award amount is up to $165,000,000 and 1 awards are expected. It is categorized in Energy. The grants is open to all (government, organization, and/or individual) entities. The application deadline (close date) to apply is 2022-10-28 (75 days left).
The following table summarizes the Geothermal Energy from Oil and gas Demonstrated Engineering (GEODE) Funding Opportunity Announcement opportunity.
|Opportunity Title||Geothermal Energy from Oil and gas Demonstrated Engineering (GEODE) Funding Opportunity Announcement|
|Funding Instrument Type||Cooperative Agreement|
|Post Date||July 28, 2022 (Thursday)|
|Last Updated Date||July 28, 2022 (Thursday)|
|Close Date||October 28, 2022 (Friday)|
|Award Amount||$10,000,000 - $165,000,000 (total funding : $165,000,000)|
The focus of this Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy-Geothermal Technologies Office (GTO) Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to encourage advancement and development within the domestic geothermal energy industry by creating a consortium to leverage the larger, more mature, and better-funded oil and gas industry.
The two industries share significant technological commonalities that make them attractive to work together via a consortium model. Therefore, the aim of this FOA is to select an organization to lead the effort to create a consortium to bring together the geothermal and oil and gas industries.
Applicants to this FOA will facilitate establishment of a research consortium, foster collaboration and attract diverse organizations (operators, service companies, universities, national labs, etc.), and run research and development solicitations to achieve the goals of DOE-GTO on leveraging the oil and gas industry to advance geothermal energy.
The following table shows the dates and awards information in detail for Geothermal Energy from Oil and gas Demonstrated Engineering (GEODE) Funding Opportunity Announcement federal grants. It posted on 2022-07-28 and will be closed on 2022-10-28.
The estimated total program funding is $165,000,000 for 1 awards (expected). The maximum award amount is $165,000,000 and the award floor amount is $10,000,000.
|Agency Name||Golden Field Office|
|Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement||Yes|
The next CFDA (Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance) numbers are associated to this federal grant.
- 81.087 - Renewable Energy Research and Development
- No Additional Explanation Reported
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below)
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations other than small businesses
- Small businesses
- Additional Information: Standard EERE eligibility language applies.
|Grantor Detail||GEODE FOA mailbox |
(Click to email contact)