For academic year 2018-2019, there are 464 colleges and universities in New York State - 114 public and 350 private schools. By school level, there are 248 4 Year or high, 87 2-4 years, and 129 less than 2 years schools in New York. Next table shows the number of schools by school type and level.
The average acceptance rate for New York colleges is 65.91% and the average graduation rate is 58.54% in academic year 2018-2019. Total 1,286,276 students including in both undergraduate and graduate programs have attended New York colleges and universities and the average students to faculty ratio is 14.25:1. Next charts are illustrating the core statistics for colleges and universities located in New York.
For academic year 2018-2019, the average undergraduate tuition & fees for New York colleges are $19,082 for New York residents and $19,742 for non-residents. For graduate schools, its average tuition and fees are $20,566 for in-state students and $23,010 for out-of-state students.
New York colleges and universities are offering 15,629 programs through online and on-site education. Next table lists number of programs by offered degree.
In New York, 2 colleges offer all programs online completely. 169 colleges offer the undergraduate online programs and 110 colleges offer the graduate online programs. 68 colleges have the ROTC programs and 158 colleges offer the study abroad programs. Next table shows the number of New York schools which are offering special learning opportunities by category.
- Which colleges accept Tuition payment plan in New York?
- Which colleges offer Master's Degree in New York?
- Which colleges offer ROTC Navy programs in New York?
- What colleges is The Average Retention Rate in New York?
- Which colleges accept advanced placement (AP) credits in New York?
- Which colleges are Private Schools (for-profit) in New York?
- Which colleges offer Graduate distance education (online) courses in New York?
- How many colleges require the Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) in New York?
- Which colleges provide Recognized student veteran organization in New York?
- Which colleges are 2-4 Years in New York?