For academic year 2019-2020, there are 479 colleges and universities in New York State - 115 public and 364 private schools. By school level, there are 248 4 Year or high, 89 2-4 years, and 142 less than 2 years schools in New York. Next table shows the number of schools by school type and level.
The average acceptance rate for New York colleges is 66.02% and the average graduation rate is 59.65% in academic year 2019-2020. Total 1,289,050 students including in both undergraduate and graduate programs have attended New York colleges and universities and the average students to faculty ratio is 14.03:1. Next charts are illustrating the core statistics for colleges and universities located in New York.
For academic year 2019-2020, the average undergraduate tuition & fees for New York colleges are $18,712 for New York residents and $20,206 for non-residents. For graduate schools, its average tuition and fees are $20,647 for in-state students and $23,475 for out-of-state students.
New York colleges and universities are offering 16,179 programs through online and on-site education. Next table lists number of programs by offered degree.
In New York, 2 colleges offer all programs online completely. 169 colleges offer the undergraduate online programs and 110 colleges offer the graduate online programs. 68 colleges have the ROTC programs and 158 colleges offer the study abroad programs. Next table shows the number of New York schools which are offering special learning opportunities by category.
- How many colleges require the Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) in New York?
- How many colleges require the SAT Test Score in New York?
- Which colleges offer ROTC Navy programs in New York?
- Which colleges accept Tuition payment plan in New York?
- Which colleges offer Post-Bachelor's Program in New York?
- Which colleges are 4 years or High in New York?
- Which colleges offer ROTC Army programs in New York?
- Which colleges offer meal (board) plans in New York?
- Which colleges provide Remedial Services in New York?
- Which colleges provide Employment Services in New York?