Blood Bank Technology Specialist is a program that prepares individuals to perform routine and specialized blood testing procedures, collect and process blood donations, and support physicians and other clinicians administering transfusion therapy. Includes instruction in basic cellular biology, immunohematology, blood bank procedures, blood typing, antigen and antibody identification tests, hemolytic and transfusion responses and diseases, donor selection, blood drawing and storage, blood separation, viral marker testing, laboratory and personnel supervision, safety and sterilization, and applicable laws and regulations.
The 2021 average tuition & fees of Blood Bank Technology Specialist vocational programs is $14,200. The average amount is computed based on the costs for one(1) year or one but less than two years (1-2) years vocational programs. The average length of the Blood Bank Technology Specialist vocation program is 854 contact hours (credit hours) and the average completion time is 8.50 months.
- Hematology Technology/Technician
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician
- Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology/Technologist
- Ophthalmic Laboratory Technology/Technician
- Histologic Technology/Histotechnologist
- Histologic Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician/Phlebotomist
- Cytogenetics/Genetics/Clinical Genetics Technology/Technologist
- Renal/Dialysis Technologist/Technician
- Sterile Processing Technology/Technician