Medical/Clinical Assistant is a program that prepares individuals, under the supervision of physicians, to provide medical office administrative services and perform clinical duties including patient intake and care, routine diagnostic and recording procedures, pre-examination and examination assistance, and the administration of medications and first aid. Includes instruction in basic anatomy and physiology; medical terminology; medical law and ethics; patient psychology and communications; medical office procedures; and clinical diagnostic, examination, testing, and treatment procedures.
The 2021 average tuition & fees of Medical/Clinical Assistant vocational programs is $13,266. The average amount is computed based on the costs for one(1) year or one but less than two years (1-2) years vocational programs. The average length of the Medical/Clinical Assistant vocation program is 512 contact hours (credit hours) and the average completion time is 9.01 months.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Physical Therapy Technician/Assistant
- Veterinary/Animal Health Technology/Technician and Veterinary Assistant
- Anesthesiologist Assistant
- Emergency Care Attendant (EMT Ambulance)
- Pathology/Pathologist Assistant
- Respiratory Therapy Technician/Assistant
- Chiropractic Assistant/Technician
- Radiologist Assistant
- Lactation Consultant
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistant