|Opportunity Title||Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): High School Equivalency Program (HEP) CFDA Number 84.141A|
|Funding Instrument Type||Grant|
|Post Date||December 2, 2019 (Monday)|
|Last Updated Date||December 2, 2019 (Monday)|
|Close Date||January 28, 2020 (Tuesday)|
|Award Amount||Up to $475,000 (total funding : $5,700,000)|
Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. For the addresses for obtaining and submitting an application, please refer to our Common Instructions for Applicants to Department of Education Discretionary Grant Programs, published in the Federal Register on February 13, 2019 (84 FR 3768),or at www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2019-02-13/pdf/2019-02206.pdf. Purpose of Program: The HEP is designed to assist migratory or seasonal farmworkers (or immediate family members of such workers) to obtain the equivalent of a secondary school diploma and subsequently to gain improved employment, enter into military service, or be placed in an institution of higher education (IHE) or other postsecondary education or training. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) number 84.141A.
|Agency Name||Department of Education|
|Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement||No|
|Additional Information||Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): High School Equivalency Program (HEP) CFDA Number 84.141A; Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for Fiscal Year (FY) 2020|
|Additional Information URL||https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2019-11-29/pdf/2019-25893.pdf|
Next CFDA (Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance) numbers are associated to this grant.
- 84.141 - Migrant Education_High School Equivalency Program
Categories of Funding Activities
- No Additional Explanation Reported
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: An IHE or a private nonprofit organization may apply for a grant to operate a HEP project. If a private nonprofit organization other than an IHE applies for a HEP grant, that agency must plan the project in cooperation with an IHE and must propose to operate some aspects of the project with the facilities of that IHE.
|Grantor Contact||Julius C Cotton |
ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin.
U.S. Department of Education,
400 Maryland Avenue, SW, room 3E321,
Washington, DC 20202. <
(e-Mail: Program Manager)