Georgetown University (GU) is a private (not-for-profit), 4 or more years institute located in Washington, District of Columbia. The school offers both undergraduate and graduate programs and total 19,204 students are enrolled into GU. It is a Research University (very high research activity) by Carnegie Classification and its highest degree is Doctor's degree - research/scholarship and professional practice. The acceptance rate of undergraduate school is 15% and the graduation rate is 94% last year.
For undergraduate school, in academic year 2019-2020, Georgetown University tuition and fees are $56,058 for all students. For graduate school, its 2020 tuition and fees are $51,790 for all graduate students.
Next chart illustrates the 2020 key academic stats at GU. The acceptance rate of GU is 15% and the yield (enrollment rate) is 49%. The average graduation rate is 94% and no students have transferred out from the school. Total 19,204 students are attending GU including both undergraduate and graduate students and the student to faculty ratio is 11 to 1. The average received amount of financial aid is $40,160 and 42 students received grants of scholarship aid (0.56% of total undergraduate students). Total 19,204 students are attending GU including both undergraduate and graduate students and the student to faculty ratio is 11 to 1.
|Address||37th and O St NW, Washington, DC 20057-0001|
|Net Price Calculator||finaid.georgetown.edu/consumer-info#Net%20Price|
GU offers 184 programs through online and on-site education. Next table lists the number of programs by offered degree.
|Award Level||Total Number of Programs||Available Online Class|
|One but less than two years certificate||4||0|
|Post Bachelor's Degree||1||1|
|Doctor's degree - research/scholarship||29||0|
|Doctor's degree - professional practice||7||0|
Georgetown University offers online education (distance learning opportunities) for both undergraduate and graduate programs. The school provides ROTC and study abroad - opportunity which a student completes part of the college program studying in another country programs to its students. It also offers weekend/evening classes which is a program that allows students to take a complete course of study and attend classes only on weekends or only in evenings.
Freshmen (full-time) are required to live in on-campus house (e.g. dorms) at Georgetown University.
|Online Class||Undergraduate , Graduate|
|ROTC||Army, NAVY, Air Force|
(Typical Annual Charge: $5,897)
Georgetown University has programs, benefits and/or services to veterans, military service members, or their families.
|Yellow Ribbon Program|
(officially known as Post-9/11 GI Bill, Yellow Ribbon Program)
|Credit for military training||✔|
|Dedicated point of contact for support services for veterans, military service members, and their families||✔|
|Recognized student veteran organization||✔|
|Member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges||✔|
Georgetown University accepts following credits that their students have earned.
|Credits for life experiences||✗|
|Advanced Placement (AP) credits||✔|
- Which colleges provide Credit for military training in District of Columbia?
- What is The Average Graduation Rate in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges offer Doctorate Degree (Research) in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges provide Member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges provide Recognized student veteran organization in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges offer Associate Degree in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges provide on-campus housing (dormitory) in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges offer Two but Less than 4 years certificate program in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges require First-time students to live on campus in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges offer Undergraduate distance education programs (online completely) in District of Columbia?