Graduate Program 139 Programs
Online Graduate Courses 16 Programs
Graduate Enrollment 8,734
Offered Award Levels Master's, Doctorate
Tuition & Fees $25,583
Stony Brook University offers 139 graduate programs as well as undergraduate programs. Among them, 16 graduate programs are available through distance education (online classes). Total 8,734 graduate students have enrolled in graduate programs at SUNY Stony Brook and 1,174 students enrolled online exclusively in graduate programs. For the academic year 2020-2021, the average graduate program tuition & fees are $13,793 for New York residents and $25,583 for students from other States. Next table summarizes the general information about graduate programs at Stony Brook University.
|Awarded Degree Programs||Master's (82 programs)|
Doctorate - Research (47 programs)
Doctorate - Practical (10 programs)
|Online Graduate Programs||Master's (13 programs)|
Doctorate - Practical (3 programs)
|Tuition & Fees||$13,793 New York residents|
$25,583 out-of-state Students
|Graduate Student Enrollment||8,734 graduate students|
1,174 enrolled in online courses
It offers 139 graduate programs through online and on-site (classroom) education. Through distance learning, it offers Master's, Doctorate and Post-MS Certificate degree and/or programs. The Next table lists the number of graduate programs by offered degree and online availability. You can check the offered major programs by degree at the area of study page.
|Award Level||Total Number of Programs||Available Online Class|
|Post Master's Degree||14||9|
|Doctor's degree - research/scholarship||47||0|
|Doctor's degree - professional practice||10||3|
For the academic year 2020-2021, the average graduate program tuition & fees are $13,793 for New York residents and $25,583 for students from other States at Stony Brook University. The 2021 graduate tuition & fees are increased by 0.93% compared to the previous year. The next table shows the graduate school tuition & fees trends over last 4 years.
At Stony Brook University, 8,734 students are enrolled in graduate programs - 3,683 male and 5,051 female students. By attendance status, there are 5,365 full-time and 3,369 part-time students. The Next table summarizes the graduate student population by gender and attending status.
At Stony Brook University, 1,174 students are enrolled exclusively in graduate online courses and 809 students are enrolled in some online courses out of total of 8,734 students.
|In Some Online Classes||809|
|Not In Online Classes||6,751|
- Which colleges provide Recognized student veteran organization in New York?
- Which colleges offer Bachelor's Degree in New York?
- How many colleges require the Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) in New York?
- Which colleges offer Less than 1 year certificate program in New York?
- Which colleges accept credit for life experiences in New York?
- How many colleges offer Online Programs (Distance Learning) in New York?
- Which colleges offer Teacher Certification program in New York?
- Which colleges offer One but Less than 2 years certificate program in New York?
- Which colleges offer Graduate distance education (online) courses in New York?
- What is The Average Acceptance Rate in New York?