Cosmetology/Cosmetologist is a program that generally prepares individuals to cut, trim, and style scalp, facial, and body hair; apply cosmetic preparations; perform manicures and pedicures; massage the head and extremities; and prepare for practice as licensed cosmetologists in specialized or full-service salons. Includes instruction in hair cutting and styling, manicuring, pedicuring, facial treatments, shampooing, chemical applications, esthetics, shop management, sanitation and safety, customer service, and applicable professional and labor laws and regulations.
The 2022 average tuition & fees of Cosmetology/Cosmetologist vocational programs is $15,110. The average amount is computed based on the costs for one(1) year or one but less than two years (1-2) years vocational programs. The average length of the Cosmetology/Cosmetologist vocation program is 1,412 contact hours (credit hours) and the average completion time is 11.91 months.
- Electrolysis/Electrology and Electrolysis Technician
- Make-Up Artist/Specialist
- Hair Styling/Stylist and Hair Design
- Facial Treatment Specialist/Facialist
- Aesthetician/Esthetician and Skin Care Specialist
- Nail Technician/Specialist and Manicurist
- Permanent Cosmetics/Makeup and Tattooing
- Salon/Beauty Salon Management/Manager
- Cosmetology, Barber/Styling, and Nail Instructor
- Master Aesthetician/Esthetician