Acceptance Rate 77 %
SAT Average 1,185
Tuition & Fees $22,217
Student Population 19,108
Average Financial Aid Amount Received $7,902
Appalachian State University is a public, 4 or more years institute located in Boone, North Carolina. It is a Master's College and University (larger programs) by Carnegie Classification and its highest degree is Doctor's degree - research/scholarship. The 2021 tuition & fees are $7,410 for North Carolina residents and $22,217 for out-of-state students. The school offers both undergraduate and graduate programs and a total of 19,108 students are enrolled. The acceptance rate of undergraduate school is 77% and the graduation rate is 73% last year.
The salary after graduation from Appalachian State University varies by major programs where the average earning after 10 years is $43,600. You can check the average salary by the major programs on the area of study page.
For undergraduate school, in the academic year 2020-2021, tuition and fees of Appalachian State University are $7,410 for North Carolina residents and $22,217 for non-residents. For graduate schools, its 2021 tuition and fees are $8,007 for in-state students and $21,439 for out-of-state students.
The following chart illustrates the 2021 key academic statistics at Appalachian State. The acceptance rate of Appalachian State is 77% and the yield (enrollment rate) is 27%. The average graduation rate is 73% and the transfer-out rate is 19%. The average received amount of financial aid is $7,902 and 47% of undergraduate students received grants or scholarship aid. A total of 19,108 students is attending including both undergraduate and graduate students, and the student to faculty ratio is 16 to 1.
Appalachian State offers 142 major programs through online and on-site education where 26 programs are available through distance learning. The following table lists the number of programs by offered degree with online class availabilities.
|Award Level||Total Number of Programs||Available Online Class|
|Post Bachelor's Degree||10||5|
|Post Master's Degree||10||3|
|Doctor's degree - research/scholarship||2||1|
Appalachian State University offers online education (distance learning opportunities) for both undergraduate and graduate programs. The school provides ROTC, teacher certification and study abroad - opportunity which a student completes part of the college program studying in another country programs to its students.
|Online Class||Undergraduate , Graduate|
(Typical Annual Charge: $3,834)
Appalachian State University has programs, benefits and/or services to veterans, military service members, or their families.
|Yellow Ribbon Program|
(officially known as Post-9/11 GI Bill, Yellow Ribbon Program)
|Credit for military training||✔|
|Dedicated point of contact for support services for veterans, military service members, and their families||✔|
|Recognized student veteran organization||✔|
|Member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges||✔|
- Which colleges accept Tuition payment plan in North Carolina?
- Which colleges provide Member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges in North Carolina?
- How many colleges are Tribal Colleges and Universities in North Carolina?
- What is The Average Student to Faculty Ratio in North Carolina?
- Which colleges offer Undergraduate distance education programs (online completely) in North Carolina?
- Which colleges provide Yellow Ribbon Program (officially known as Post-9/11 GI Bill, Ye in North Carolina?
- Which colleges offer Post-Bachelor's Program in North Carolina?
- Which colleges offer Graduate distance education (online) courses in North Carolina?
- How many colleges require the Completion of college-preparatory program in North Carolina?
- Which colleges offer Doctorate Degree (professional practice) in North Carolina?