Acceptance Rate 13.54%
SAT Score 1,520
ACT Score 34
For the academic year 2021-22, the acceptance rate is 13.54% at Carnegie Mellon University where a total of 32,896 students applied and 4,453 were accepted. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 1,520 and the average ACT score is 34. It requires six items to submit to their applicants.
The following table describes the general admission information for applying to CMU.
|Open Admission Policy||✗|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||$75|
|Graduate Application Fees||$70|
|Average Test Scores||1,520 SAT / 34 ACT|
|Credits Accepted||Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits|
At CMU, 905 applicants (48% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 416 applicants (22%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees.
The average SAT score of those who submitted scores is 1,520 and the average ACT score is 34 at CMU. SAT 75th percentile score is 1,560 and 25th percentile score is 1,480. For ACT scores, the 75th percentile score is 107 and the 25th percentile score is 100. The following table shows the detailed SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at CMU.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||710||760|
Carnegie Mellon University requires 6 item(s) (High School GPA, High School Record (or Transcript), Completion of College Preparatory Program, Recommendations, Formal Demonstration of Competencies, TOEFL) to submit to their applicants. In addition, 2 item(s) (High School Rank, Admission Test Scores) are considered but not required to submit.
|High School GPA||✔|
|High School Rank||△|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||✔|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||✔|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||✔|
|Admission Test Scores||△|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||✗|
|✔ Required △ Considered (not Required) ✓ Recommended ✗ Neither Required nor Recommended|
The calendar system at Carnegie Mellon University is Semester. Carnegie Mellon University accepts Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits. Next table describes credits that Carnegie Mellon University accepts.
|Credits for Life Experiences||✗|
|Advanced placement (AP) Credits||✔|
|Credit for military training||✗|
- Which colleges are Less than 2 years in Pennsylvania?
- Which colleges offer ROTC Air Force programs in Pennsylvania?
- Which colleges accept Tuition payment plan in Pennsylvania?
- Which colleges require First-time students to live on campus in Pennsylvania?
- Which colleges provide Yellow Ribbon Program (officially known as Post-9/11 GI Bill, Ye in Pennsylvania?
- Which colleges offer Tuition guaranteed plan in Pennsylvania?
- What is The Average Transfer-out Rate in Pennsylvania?
- Which colleges offer Less than 1 year certificate program in Pennsylvania?
- Which colleges offer ROTC Army programs in Pennsylvania?
- How many colleges require the Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) in Pennsylvania?