Howard University (HU) is a private (not-for-profit), 4 or more years institute located in Washington, District of Columbia. The school offers both undergraduate and graduate programs and total 9,392 students are enrolled into HU. It is a Research University (high research activity) by Carnegie Classification and its highest degree is Doctor's degree - research/scholarship and professional practice. The acceptance rate of undergraduate school is 32% and the graduation rate is 63% last year.
For undergraduate school, in academic year 2018-2019, Howard University tuition and fees are $26,756 for all students. For graduate school, its 2019 tuition and fees are $32,884 for all graduate students.
Next chart illustrates the 2019 key academic stats at HU. The acceptance rate of HU is 32% and the yield (enrollment rate) is 23%. The average graduation rate is 63% and the transfer-out rate is 15%. Total 9,392 students are attending HU including both undergraduate and graduate students and the student to faculty ratio is 8 to 1. The average received amount of financial aid is $21,235 and 4,908 students received grants of scholarship aid (77.24% of total undergraduate students). Total 9,392 students are attending HU including both undergraduate and graduate students and the student to faculty ratio is 8 to 1.
|Address||2400 Sixth St NW, Washington, DC 20059-0001|
|Net Price Calculator||www.howard.edu/financialaid/netprice/npcalc.htm|
HU offers 213 programs through online and on-site education. Next table lists the number of programs by offered degree.
|Award Level||Total Number of Programs||Available Online Class|
|Two but less than four years certificate||3||0|
|Post Bachelor's Degree||3||0|
|Post Master's Degree||29||1|
|Doctor's degree - research/scholarship||34||0|
|Doctor's degree - professional practice||6||0|
Howard University offers online education (distance learning opportunities) for both undergraduate and graduate programs. The school provides ROTC, teacher certification and study abroad - opportunity which a student completes part of the college program studying in another country programs to its students.
Freshmen (full-time) are required to live in on-campus house (e.g. dorms) at Howard University.
|Online Class||Undergraduate , Graduate|
|ROTC||Army, Air Force|
(Typical Annual Charge: $4,739)
Howard University has programs, benefits and/or services to veterans, military service members, or their families.
|Yellow Ribbon Program|
(officially known as Post-9/11 GI Bill, Yellow Ribbon Program)
|Credit for military training||✗|
|Dedicated point of contact for support services for veterans, military service members, and their families||✔|
|Recognized student veteran organization||✗|
|Member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges||✗|
Howard University accepts following credits that their students have earned.
|Credits for life experiences||✗|
|Advanced Placement (AP) credits||✔|
- Which colleges provide Recognized student veteran organization in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges offer Undergraduate distance education programs (online completely) in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges offer ROTC programs in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges offer ROTC Navy programs in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges accept advanced placement (AP) credits in District of Columbia?
- What colleges is The Average Graduation Rate in District of Columbia?
- How many colleges offer Online Programs (Distance Learning) in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges provide Academic/Career Counseling Services in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges offer Associate Degree in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges provide Employment Services in District of Columbia?