Acceptance Rate 18 %
SAT Average 1,465
Tuition & Fees $53,506
Student Population 21,627
Average Financial Aid Amount Received $28,199
Northeastern University is a private (not-for-profit), 4 or more years institute located in Boston, Massachusetts. It is a Research University (very high research activity) by Carnegie Classification and its highest degree is Doctor's degree - research/scholarship and professional practice. The 2020 tuition & fees are $53,506 for undergraduate students. The school offers both undergraduate and graduate programs and a total of 21,627 students are enrolled in. The acceptance rate of undergraduate school is 18% and the graduation rate is 89% last year.
The salary after graduation from Northeastern University varies by major programs where the average earning after 10 years is $74,200. You can check the average salary by the major programs on the area of study page.
For undergraduate school, in the academic year 2019-2020, tuition and fees of Northeastern University are $53,506. For graduate schools, its 2020 tuition and fees are $25,085 on average.
The following chart illustrates the 2020 key academic statistics at Northeastern. The acceptance rate of Northeastern is 18% and the yield (enrollment rate) is 27%. The average graduation rate is 89% and the transfer-out rate is 7%. The average received amount of financial aid is $28,199 and 64% of undergraduate students received grants or scholarship aid. A total of 21,627 students is attending including both undergraduate and graduate students, and the student to faculty ratio is 14 to 1.
Northeastern offers 186 major programs on-site (in-person class) only. The following table lists the number of programs by offered degree with online class availabilities.
|Award Level||Total Number of Programs||Available Online Class|
|Post Master's Degree||5||0|
|Doctor's degree - research/scholarship||32||0|
|Doctor's degree - professional practice||4||0|
Northeastern University offers online education (distance learning opportunities) for both undergraduate and graduate programs. The school provides ROTC, teacher certification and study abroad - opportunity which a student completes part of the college program studying in another country programs to its students.
|Online Class||Undergraduate , Graduate|
|ROTC||Army, NAVY, Air Force|
(Typical Annual Charge: $7,940)
Northeastern University has programs, benefits and/or services to veterans, military service members, or their families.
|Yellow Ribbon Program|
(officially known as Post-9/11 GI Bill, Yellow Ribbon Program)
|Credit for military training||✗|
|Dedicated point of contact for support services for veterans, military service members, and their families||✔|
|Recognized student veteran organization||✔|
|Member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges||✔|
- How many colleges offer Online Programs (Distance Learning) in Massachusetts?
- Which colleges provide On-campus Day Care Services in Massachusetts?
- Which colleges offer ROTC programs in Massachusetts?
- Which colleges offer Less than 1 year certificate program in Massachusetts?
- Which colleges provide Employment Services in Massachusetts?
- What is The Average Graduation Rate in Massachusetts?
- What is The Average Transfer-out Rate in Massachusetts?
- Which colleges offer Graduate distance education programs (online completely) in Massachusetts?
- Which colleges provide Yellow Ribbon Program (officially known as Post-9/11 GI Bill, Ye in Massachusetts?
- What is The Average Student to Faculty Ratio in Massachusetts?