Total Enrollment 22,858
Portland State Student Population
There are 22,858 students including 17,753 undergraduate and 5,105 graduate students at Portland State University for academic year 2021-2022. By attending status, there are 14,418 full-time and 8,440 part-time students with gender distribution of 9,597 male and 13,261 female students. Portland State University is offering the distance learning opportunity (online degree program) and total 2,812 students have enrolled online program exclusively.
Student Gender Distribution
Portland State University has a total enrollment of 22,858 with a gender distribution of 41.99% male (9,597 students) and 58.01% female (13,261 students). There are 7,784 male and 9,969 female students in undergraduate school and 1,813 male and 3,292 female students are attending graduate school at Portland State University.
Enrollment by Attending Status
Portland State University has 14,418 full-time and 8,440 part-time students. In undergraduate school, 12,014 students are attending classes with full-time status, and 5,739 students are attending with part-time status. In graduate school, 2,404 students are full-time and 2,701 are part-time students.
Distance Learning (Online Class) Enrollment
At Portland State University, 2,812 students have enrolled exclusively in online courses and 7,103 students have enrolled in some online courses out of total 22,858 students. In undergraduate schools, 8,605 students take at least one online course and in graduate schools, 1,310 students are attending some online courses.
|In Some Online Classes||7,103||6,433||670|
|Not In Online Classes||12,943||9,148||3,795|
This section analyzes the student population by race/ethnicity at Portland State University. There are 256 American Indian/Native American, 11,780 White, 901 Black/African American, 2,205 Asian, 3,950 Hispanic, 121 Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, and 1,107 students with other races.
|American Indian/Native American||256||90||166|
|Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander||121||51||70|
Student Age Distribution
The following table and chart show the student enrollment by age distribution at Portland State University.
Know about Oregon Colleges
- Which colleges offer Undergraduate distance education (online) courses in Oregon?
- How many colleges require the high school record in Oregon?
- Which colleges provide on-campus housing (dormitory) in Oregon?
- How many colleges are historically Black colleges (HBCUs) in Oregon?
- Which colleges offer Weekend/Evening College in Oregon?
- Which colleges are Less than 2 years in Oregon?
- Which colleges offer Teacher Certification program in Oregon?
- Which colleges provide Credit for military training in Oregon?
- Which colleges provide Yellow Ribbon Program (officially known as Post-9/11 GI Bill, Ye in Oregon?
- Which colleges offer Two but Less than 4 years certificate program in Oregon?