Acceptance Rate 46.04%
SAT Score 1,160
ACT Score 24
For the academic year 2019-20, the acceptance rate is 46.04% at SUNY Cortland where a total of 12,942 students applied and 5,959 were accepted. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 1,160 and the average ACT score is 24. It requires two items and recommends 1 articles to submit to their applicants. The following table describes the general admission information for applying to SUNY Cortland.
|Open Admission Policy||✗|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||$50|
|Graduate Application Fees||$65|
|Average Test Scores||1,160 SAT / 24 ACT|
|Credits Accepted||Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credit for Military Training|
At SUNY Cortland, 898 applicants (74% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 172 applicants (14%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees. The average SAT score of those who submitted scores is 1,160 and the average ACT score is 24 at SUNY Cortland. SAT 75th percentile score is 1,230 and 25th percentile score is 1,090. For ACT scores, the 75th percentile score is 79 and the 25th percentile score is 62. The following table shows the detailed SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at SUNY Cortland.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||540||610|
SUNY Cortland requires 2 item(s) (High School Record (or Transcript), Recommendations) and recommends 1 articles (Completion of College Preparatory Program) to submit to their applicants. In addition, 4 item(s) (High School GPA, High School Rank, Admission Test Scores, TOEFL) are considered but not required to submit. The following table summarizes the application requirements at SUNY Cortland
|High School GPA||△|
|High School Rank||△|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||✔|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||✓|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||✗|
|Admission Test Scores||△|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||✗|
|✔ Required △ Considered (not Required) ✓ Recommended ✗ Neither Required nor Recommended|
The calendar system at SUNY Cortland is Semester. SUNY Cortland accepts Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credit for Military Training. Next table describes credits that SUNY Cortland accepts.
|Credits for Life Experiences||✗|
|Advanced placement (AP) Credits||✔|
|Credit for military training||✔|
- Which colleges accept Dual Credit in New York?
- How many colleges require the Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) in New York?
- Which colleges provide on-campus housing (dormitory) in New York?
- Which colleges accept Tuition payment plan in New York?
- Which colleges offer Less than 1 year certificate program in New York?
- Which colleges offer Distance education programs (online completely) in New York?
- Which colleges are 4 years or High in New York?
- What is The Average Graduation Rate in New York?
- Which colleges offer Undergraduate distance education (online) courses in New York?
- Which colleges offer ROTC Army programs in New York?