Acceptance Rate 63.05%
SAT Score 910
ACT Score 17
For the academic year 2021-22, the acceptance rate is 63.05% at Texas Southern University where a total of 10,554 students applied and 6,654 were accepted. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 910 and the average ACT score is 17. It requires three items and recommends 4 articles to submit to their applicants.
The following table describes the general admission information for applying to TSU.
|Open Admission Policy||✗|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||$42|
|Graduate Application Fees||$75|
|Average Test Scores||910 SAT / 17 ACT|
|Credits Accepted||Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credits for Life Experiences, Credit for Military Training|
At TSU, 551 applicants (43% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 180 applicants (14%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees.
The average SAT score of those who submitted scores is 910 and the average ACT score is 17 at TSU. SAT 75th percentile score is 1,000 and 25th percentile score is 820. For ACT scores, the 75th percentile score is 55 and the 25th percentile score is 43. The following table shows the detailed SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at TSU.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||420||510|
Texas Southern University requires 3 item(s) (High School GPA, High School Rank, TOEFL) and recommends 4 articles (High School Record (or Transcript), Completion of College Preparatory Program, Recommendations, Formal Demonstration of Competencies) to submit to their applicants. In addition, 1 item(s) (Admission Test Scores) are considered but not required to submit.
|High School GPA||✔|
|High School Rank||✔|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||✓|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||✓|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||✓|
|Admission Test Scores||△|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||✗|
|✔ Required △ Considered (not Required) ✓ Recommended ✗ Neither Required nor Recommended|
The calendar system at Texas Southern University is Semester. Texas Southern University accepts Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credits for Life Experiences, Credit for Military Training. Next table describes credits that Texas Southern University accepts.
|Credits for Life Experiences||✔|
|Advanced placement (AP) Credits||✔|
|Credit for military training||✔|
- How many colleges require the ACT Test Score in Texas?
- How many colleges are historically Black colleges (HBCUs) in Texas?
- Which colleges offer ROTC Air Force programs in Texas?
- How many colleges require recommendations in Texas?
- Which colleges provide Employment Services in Texas?
- Which colleges provide on-campus housing (dormitory) in Texas?
- Which colleges offer Undergraduate distance education programs (online completely) in Texas?
- How many colleges are Tribal Colleges and Universities in Texas?
- Which colleges offer Graduate distance education (online) courses in Texas?
- Which colleges are Less than 2 years in Texas?