Acceptance Rate 62.00%
SAT Score 1,260
ACT Score 29
For the academic year 2021-22, the acceptance rate is 62% at The College of New Jersey where a total of 10,393 students applied and 6,444 were accepted. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 1,260 and the average ACT score is 29. It requires two items and recommends 5 articles to submit to their applicants.
The following table describes the general admission information for applying to TCNJ.
|Open Admission Policy||✗|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||$75|
|Graduate Application Fees||$75|
|Average Test Scores||1,260 SAT / 29 ACT|
|Credits Accepted||Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credits for Life Experiences, Credit for Military Training|
At TCNJ, 625 applicants (42% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 100 applicants (7%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees.
The average SAT score of those who submitted scores is 1,260 and the average ACT score is 29 at TCNJ. SAT 75th percentile score is 1,350 and 25th percentile score is 1,170. For ACT scores, the 75th percentile score is 62 and the 25th percentile score is 50. The following table shows the detailed SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at TCNJ.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||580||670|
The College of New Jersey requires 2 item(s) (High School Record (or Transcript), TOEFL) and recommends 5 articles (High School GPA, High School Rank, Completion of College Preparatory Program, Recommendations, Formal Demonstration of Competencies) to submit to their applicants. In addition, 1 item(s) (Admission Test Scores) are considered but not required to submit.
|High School GPA||✓|
|High School Rank||✓|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||✔|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||✓|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||✓|
|Admission Test Scores||△|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||✗|
|✔ Required △ Considered (not Required) ✓ Recommended ✗ Neither Required nor Recommended|
The calendar system at The College of New Jersey is Semester. The College of New Jersey accepts Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credits for Life Experiences, Credit for Military Training. Next table describes credits that The College of New Jersey accepts.
|Credits for Life Experiences||✔|
|Advanced placement (AP) Credits||✔|
|Credit for military training||✔|
- Which colleges provide Credit for military training in New Jersey?
- Which colleges are 4 years or High in New Jersey?
- Which colleges offer Two but Less than 4 years certificate program in New Jersey?
- Which colleges offer Distance education programs (online completely) in New Jersey?
- Which colleges offer Tuition guaranteed plan in New Jersey?
- Which colleges offer Less than 1 year certificate program in New Jersey?
- Which colleges offer Graduate distance education programs (online completely) in New Jersey?
- How many colleges require the high school GPA in New Jersey?
- Which colleges offer ROTC Navy programs in New Jersey?
- How many colleges require Formal demonstration of competencies in New Jersey?