Acceptance Rate 57.34%
SAT Score 1,265
ACT Score 28
For the academic year 2019-20, the acceptance rate is 57.34% at The New School where a total of 9,208 students applied and 5,280 were accepted. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 1,265 and the average ACT score is 28. It requires four items and recommends 3 articles to submit to their applicants. The following table describes the general admission information for applying to The New School.
|Open Admission Policy||✗|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||$50|
|Graduate Application Fees||$50|
|Average Test Scores||1,265 SAT / 28 ACT|
|Credits Accepted||Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credits for Life Experiences, Credit for Military Training|
At The New School, 526 applicants (36% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 205 applicants (14%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees. The average SAT score of those who submitted scores is 1,265 and the average ACT score is 28 at The New School. SAT 75th percentile score is 1,380 and 25th percentile score is 1,150. For ACT scores, the 75th percentile score is 91 and the 25th percentile score is 72. The following table shows the detailed SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at The New School.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||590||680|
The New School requires 4 item(s) (High School Record (or Transcript), Recommendations, Formal Demonstration of Competencies, TOEFL) and recommends 3 articles (High School GPA, High School Rank, Completion of College Preparatory Program) to submit to their applicants. In addition, 1 item(s) (Admission Test Scores) are considered but not required to submit. The following table summarizes the application requirements at The New School
|High School GPA||✓|
|High School Rank||✓|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||✔|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||✓|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||✔|
|Admission Test Scores||△|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||✗|
|✔ Required △ Considered (not Required) ✓ Recommended ✗ Neither Required nor Recommended|
The calendar system at The New School is Semester. The New School accepts Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credits for Life Experiences, Credit for Military Training. Next table describes credits that The New School accepts.
|Credits for Life Experiences||✔|
|Advanced placement (AP) Credits||✔|
|Credit for military training||✔|
- Which colleges provide Member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges in New York?
- Which colleges offer ROTC Army programs in New York?
- Which colleges offer Weekend/Evening College in New York?
- Which colleges offer ROTC programs in New York?
- Which colleges offer Tuition guaranteed plan in New York?
- Which colleges offer Distance education (online) courses in New York?
- Which colleges offer Undergraduate distance education (online) courses in New York?
- Which colleges provide Yellow Ribbon Program (officially known as Post-9/11 GI Bill, Ye in New York?
- Which colleges are Public Schools in New York?
- Which colleges offer One but Less than 2 years certificate program in New York?