Acceptance Rate 66.00%
SAT Score 1,240
ACT Score 26
For the academic year 2022-23, the acceptance rate is 66% at University of Houston where a total of 29,783 students applied and 19,657 were accepted. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 1,240 and the average ACT score is 26. It requires four items to submit to their applicants.
The following table describes the general admission information for applying to Houston.
|Open Admission Policy||✗|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||$75|
|Graduate Application Fees||$75|
|Average Test Scores||1,240 SAT / 26 ACT|
|Credits Accepted||Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credit for Military Training|
At Houston, 2,869 applicants (52% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 473 applicants (9%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees.
The average SAT score of those who submitted scores is 1,240 and the average ACT score is 26 at Houston. SAT 75th percentile score is 1,330 and 25th percentile score is 1,160. For ACT scores, the 75th percentile score is 86 and the 25th percentile score is 67. The following table shows the detailed SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at Houston.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||580||660|
University of Houston requires 4 item(s) (High School GPA, High School Rank, High School Record (or Transcript), Completion of College Preparatory Program) to submit to their applicants. In addition, 4 item(s) (Recommendations, Formal Demonstration of Competencies, Admission Test Scores, TOEFL) are considered but not required to submit.
|High School GPA||✔|
|High School Rank||✔|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||✔|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||✔|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||△|
|Admission Test Scores||△|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||✗|
|✔ Required △ Considered (not Required) ✓ Recommended ✗ Neither Required nor Recommended|
The calendar system at University of Houston is Semester. University of Houston accepts Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credit for Military Training. Next table describes credits that University of Houston accepts.
|Credits for Life Experiences||✗|
|Advanced placement (AP) Credits||✔|
|Credit for military training||✔|
- Which colleges offer Distance education programs (online completely) in Texas?
- Which colleges accept advanced placement (AP) credits in Texas?
- How many colleges require the high school rank in Texas?
- Which colleges offer Graduate distance education programs (online completely) in Texas?
- Which colleges offer Weekend/Evening College in Texas?
- Which colleges grant Credit for military training in Texas?
- Which colleges provide Placement Services in Texas?
- How many colleges require the Completion of college-preparatory program in Texas?
- Which colleges offer ROTC Army programs in Texas?
- Which colleges require First-time students to live on campus in Texas?