Acceptance Rate 63.69%
Yield (Enrollment Ratio) 25.5%
The average acceptance rate is 63.69% at South Carolina colleges and universities where total 174,730 students have applied and 111,281 have been accepted. The average undergraduate application fees is $56.06 and the graduate application fees is $44.59. Next table presents the general admission information for applying to South Carolina colleges.
|Open Admission Policy||65 out of 105 schools|
|Average Undergraduate Application Fees||$ 56.06|
|Average Graduate Application Fees||$ 44.59|
|Average Acceptance Rate||63.69%|
|Average Yield (Enrollment Rate)||25.5%|
|Average Test Scores||1,062 SAT / 61 ACT|
For South Carolina college, 17,110 students (61.36% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 11,902 students (46.00%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees. For score submitters, SAT 75th percentile score is 1,166 and 25th percentile score is 959. For ACT scores, 75th percentile score is 70 and 25th percentile score is 53. Next table shows the detail SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at South Carolina colleges and universities.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||486.85||589.70|
In South Carolina State, 55 schools use semester calendar systems and 4 schools are based on quarter system. Next table lists the number of schools with their calendar systems.
|Semester||55 out of 105 schools|
|Quarter||4 out of 105 schools|
|Trimester||0 out of 105 schools|
|Four-one-four plan||4 out of 105 schools|
|Other academic year||2 out of 105 schools|
|Differs by program||12 out of 105 schools|
|Continuous||28 out of 105 schools|
Next table describes credits that South Carolina colleges and universities are accepting for their students
33 South Carolina schools require High School GPA and 33 schools require High School Record (or Transcript). The test scores such as SAT and ACT are required by 29 South Carolina colleges. Next table summarizes the application requirements for applying to South Carolina colleges.
|High School GPA||33||1|
|High School Rank||8||14|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||33||1|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||15||13|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||1||2|
|Admission Test Scores||29||2|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||0||1|
- Which colleges provide Credit for military training in South Carolina?
- Which colleges offer Bachelor's Degree in South Carolina?
- What is The Average Student to Faculty Ratio in South Carolina?
- What is The Average Retention Rate in South Carolina?
- What is The Average Transfer-out Rate in South Carolina?
- Which colleges offer Graduate distance education programs (online completely) in South Carolina?
- Which colleges accept Prepaid Tuition plan in South Carolina?
- Which colleges offer ROTC Army programs in South Carolina?
- Which colleges provide Employment Services in South Carolina?
- How many colleges require the Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) in South Carolina?