What Is The Average Acceptance Rate In Indiana?
The acceptance rate is a percentage of applicants to accept a school in college admission. In general, the high ranked colleges and special purpose schools have low acceptance rate to recruit competitive students. The acceptance rate at a school does not change dramatically. So when you apply to the school, the previous year's rate can be used as an important factor.
The average acceptance rate of Indiana colleges is 79.10%. Total 214,421 students have accepted out of 293,273. By gender, the acceptance rate of female students is 78.06% and male students' rate is 76.43%
The next schools are the top 5 Indiana colleges that have the lowest acceptance rate. University of Notre Dame has the lowest acceptance rate of 15.07% among Indiana colleges. Trine University-Regional/Non-Traditional Campuses and Wabash College have also low acceptance rate of 60.00% and 61.59% respectively. The top schools are selected with an minimum number of new students (first-time students) of 100. You can view more schools at Indiana colleges with lowest acceptance rate.
- University of Notre Dame Acceptance rate: 15.07%, Yield: 57.80%
- Trine University-Regional/Non-Traditional Campuses Acceptance rate: 60.00%, Yield: 100.00%
- Wabash College Acceptance rate: 61.59%, Yield: 20.85%
- Anderson University Acceptance rate: 62.45%, Yield: 11.56%
- DePauw University Acceptance rate: 64.67%, Yield: 13.58%
The following table summarizes the average acceptance rate in Indiana.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|4 years or high||79.06%||83.89%||76.91%||80.00%|