What Is The Average Students To Faculty Ratio In Maine?
The students to faculty ratio is the total number of students over the number of faculties. When then ratio is low, it is assumed that a students will have more chances to meet or get helped from teachers and professors. Therefore, the students to faculty ratio is one of important consideration when choosing colleges and schools tries to keep it low.
The average students to faculty ratio of Maine colleges is 12 to 1. It is based on all institutions' ratio where the students and faculty information is available. In public Maine colleges, the student faculty ratio is 13 to 1 and private schools' ratio is 11 to 1. By school levels, the students to faculty ratio at four-years colleges is 12 to 1 and community colleges' ratio is 11 to 1 in Maine.
The next schools are the top 3 Maine colleges that have the lowest students to faculty ratio. University of New England has the lowest ratio of 12 to 1 among Maine colleges. University of Southern Maine and University of Maine also have lower ratio of 13 to 1 and 16 to 1 respectively. For the ranking, we exclude community colleges and four-colleges with less than 5,000 students.
- University of New England Students to faculty ratio: 12 to 1, 6,642 students, 541 faculties
- University of Southern Maine Students to faculty ratio: 13 to 1, 7,996 students, 833 faculties
- University of Maine Students to faculty ratio: 16 to 1, 12,657 students, 753 faculties
The following table summarizes the average students to faculty ratio in Maine.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|Total||12.23 to 1||13.13 to 1||11.00 to 1||12.57 to 1|
|4 years or high||12.25 to 1||13.63 to 1||11.33 to 1||-|
|2-4 years||11.30 to 1||12.57 to 1||7.00 to 1||9.00 to 1|
|less than 1 year||14.00 to 1||-||-||14.00 to 1|
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between Maine Best Schools
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between All Maine Schools
- Core Statistics for College Graduation Rate Stats at Maine
- Average Maine Graduation Rate Statistics
- Colleges with Highest Graduation Rate in Maine
- Colleges with Lowest Graduation Rate in Maine
- Lowest Students to Faculty Ratio in Maine
- Highest Students to Faculty Ratio in Maine