Acceptance Rate 91.07%
SAT Score 930
ACT Score 18
For the academic year 2020-21, the acceptance rate is 91.07% at Norfolk State University where a total of 6,944 students applied and 6,324 were accepted. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 930 and the average ACT score is 18. It requires five items and recommends 2 articles to submit to their applicants. The following table describes the general admission information for applying to Norfolk State University.
|Open Admission Policy||✗|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||$25|
|Graduate Application Fees||$50|
|Average Test Scores||930 SAT / 18 ACT|
|Credits Accepted||Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credits for Life Experiences, Credit for Military Training|
At NSU, 897 applicants (84% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 169 applicants (16%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees. The average SAT score of those who submitted scores is 930 and the average ACT score is 18 at NSU. SAT 75th percentile score is 1,020 and 25th percentile score is 840. For ACT scores, the 75th percentile score is 20 and the 25th percentile score is 15. The following table shows the detailed SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at NSU.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||430||520|
Norfolk State University requires 5 item(s) (High School GPA, High School Record (or Transcript), Recommendations, Admission Test Scores, TOEFL) and recommends 2 articles (High School Rank, Completion of College Preparatory Program) to submit to their applicants. The following table summarizes the application requirements at Norfolk State University
|High School GPA||✔|
|High School Rank||✓|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||✔|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||✓|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||✗|
|Admission Test Scores||✔|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||✗|
|✔ Required △ Considered (not Required) ✓ Recommended ✗ Neither Required nor Recommended|
The calendar system at Norfolk State University is Semester. Norfolk State University accepts Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credits for Life Experiences, Credit for Military Training. Next table describes credits that Norfolk State University accepts.
|Credits for Life Experiences||✔|
|Advanced placement (AP) Credits||✔|
|Credit for military training||✔|
- Which colleges provide Yellow Ribbon Program (officially known as Post-9/11 GI Bill, Ye in Virginia?
- How many colleges offer Graduate Programs in Virginia?
- How many colleges offer Online Programs (Distance Learning) in Virginia?
- Which colleges offer Two but Less than 4 years certificate program in Virginia?
- Which colleges accept advanced placement (AP) credits in Virginia?
- Which colleges offer Post-Bachelor's Program in Virginia?
- How many colleges are historically Black colleges (HBCUs) in Virginia?
- Which colleges accept credit for life experiences in Virginia?
- Which colleges offer Tuition guaranteed plan in Virginia?
- Which colleges provide Placement Services in Virginia?