What Is The Average Graduation Rate In Minnesota?
The graduation rate is a percentage of graduate candidates who complete their degree in expected completion timeIn general, the graduation rate is computed based on the completion in the 150% of normal time. For example, for the 4-years bachelor's degree programs, the number of completers who completed in 6 years is used to compute the graduation rate.
The average graduation rate of Minnesota colleges is 53.32%. It includes all institutions' rate (i.e. 4-years and 2-years or less) where the graduation data is available. In public colleges, the graduation rate is 40.30% and private schools' rate is 67.90%.
By gender, the female students' graduation rate is 69.96% and male students' rate is 65.87%.
The schools in below list are the top 5 Minnesota colleges that have the highest graduation rate. University of Minnesota-Twin Cities has the highest graduation rate of 84% among Minnesota colleges. University of St Thomas and University of Minnesota-Duluth also have higher graduation rate of 78% and 65% respectively. For the ranking, we exclude colleges with less than 5,000 students. You can view more schools at Minnesota colleges with high graduation rate.
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities graduation rate: 84%, transfer-out: 9%
- University of St Thomas graduation rate: 78%, transfer-out: 15%
- University of Minnesota-Duluth graduation rate: 65%, transfer-out: 26%
- Winona State University graduation rate: 63%, transfer-out: 29%
- Minnesota State University Moorhead graduation rate: 57%, transfer-out: 24%
The following table summarizes the average graduation rate in Minnesota.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|4 years or high||64.56%||55.25%||69.74%||57.50%|
|less than 1 year||66.90%||-||60.00%||67.67%|
Bachelor's degree Graduation Rate
For the four-years Minnesota institutions where BS degree grants, the average graduation rate is 68.16%. 17,580 students graduated out of 25,792 candidates. 225 students are still enrolled in the schools and 4,842 students are no longer enrolled or transferred out to other institutions.
By completion time, 14,174 students have completed their degree in 4 years or less as the rate is 54.96% at Minnesota colleges. 2,823 students completed in 5 years and 4,617 students earned their BS degree in 6 years.
The following table summarizes the graduation rate and number of completers by gender and completion time for Minnesota collegesNumbers in parentheses in each column indicate the number of completers over candidates in the corresponding category.
|Total||Female Students||Male Students|
|Graduation Rate (in 150% normal time)||68.16%|
|In 4 Years or Less||54.96%|
|In 5 Years||10.95%|
|In 6 Years||2.26%|
|No longer Enrolled||0.87%|
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between Minnesota Best Schools
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between All Minnesota Schools
- Core Statistics for College Graduation Rate Stats at Minnesota
- Average Minnesota Graduation Rate Statistics
- Colleges with Highest Graduation Rate in Minnesota
- Colleges with Lowest Graduation Rate in Minnesota
- Lowest Students to Faculty Ratio in Minnesota
- Highest Students to Faculty Ratio in Minnesota