Acceptance Rate 68.49%
SAT Score 1,250
ACT Score 28
For the academic year 2019-20, the acceptance rate is 68.49% at Hofstra University where a total of 24,425 students applied and 16,728 were accepted. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 1,250 and the average ACT score is 28. It requires five items and recommends 2 articles to submit to their applicants. The following table describes the general admission information for applying to Hofstra University.
|Open Admission Policy||✗|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||$70|
|Graduate Application Fees||$75|
|Average Test Scores||1,250 SAT / 28 ACT|
|Credits Accepted||Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credit for Military Training|
At Hofstra, 1,048 applicants (69% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 325 applicants (21%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees. The average SAT score of those who submitted scores is 1,250 and the average ACT score is 28 at Hofstra. SAT 75th percentile score is 1,340 and 25th percentile score is 1,160. For ACT scores, the 75th percentile score is 90 and the 25th percentile score is 73. The following table shows the detailed SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at Hofstra.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||580||660|
Hofstra University requires 5 item(s) (High School GPA, High School Record (or Transcript), Completion of College Preparatory Program, Recommendations, TOEFL) and recommends 2 articles (High School Rank, Formal Demonstration of Competencies) to submit to their applicants. In addition, 1 item(s) (Admission Test Scores) are considered but not required to submit. The following table summarizes the application requirements at Hofstra University
|High School GPA||✔|
|High School Rank||✓|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||✔|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||✔|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||✓|
|Admission Test Scores||△|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||✗|
|✔ Required △ Considered (not Required) ✓ Recommended ✗ Neither Required nor Recommended|
The calendar system at Hofstra University is Semester. Hofstra University accepts Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credit for Military Training. Next table describes credits that Hofstra University accepts.
|Credits for Life Experiences||✗|
|Advanced placement (AP) Credits||✔|
|Credit for military training||✔|
- Which colleges provide Academic/Career Counseling Services in New York?
- How many colleges are Tribal Colleges and Universities in New York?
- How many colleges require the high school rank in New York?
- Which colleges are Private Schools (not-for-profit) in New York?
- How many colleges require the SAT Test Score in New York?
- Which colleges accept Tuition payment plan in New York?
- How many colleges are historically Black colleges (HBCUs) in New York?
- Which colleges offer ROTC programs in New York?
- What is The Average Transfer-out Rate in New York?
- Which colleges offer Graduate distance education (online) courses in New York?