Acceptance Rate 52.98%
Yield (Enrollment Ratio) 17.99%
The average acceptance rate is 52.98% at New York colleges and universities where total 1,292,347 students have applied and 684,664 have been accepted. The average undergraduate application fees is $67.00 and the graduate application fees is $69.00. Next table presents the general admission information for applying to New York colleges.
|Open Admission Policy||179 out of 475 schools|
|Average Undergraduate Application Fees||$ 67.00|
|Average Graduate Application Fees||$ 69.00|
|Average Acceptance Rate||52.98%|
|Average Yield (Enrollment Rate)||17.99%|
|Average Test Scores||1,232 SAT / 28 ACT|
For New York college, 23,810 students (25.00% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 7,318 students (9.00%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees. For score submitters, SAT 75th percentile score is 1,328 and 25th percentile score is 1,135. For ACT scores, 75th percentile score is 88 and 25th percentile score is 72. Next table shows the detail SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at New York colleges and universities.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||567.00||660.00|
In New York State, 292 schools use semester calendar systems and 5 schools are based on quarter system. Next table lists the number of schools with their calendar systems.
Next table describes credits that New York colleges and universities are accepting for their students
115 New York schools require High School GPA and 150 schools require High School Record (or Transcript). The test scores such as SAT and ACT are required by 6 New York colleges. Next table summarizes the application requirements for applying to New York colleges.
|High School GPA||115||19|
|High School Rank||8||56|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||150||47|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||87||59|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||46||26|
|Admission Test Scores||6||24|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||18||6|
- What is The Average Graduation Rate in New York?
- Which colleges provide Academic/Career Counseling Services in New York?
- Which colleges offer Graduate distance education (online) courses in New York?
- Which colleges accept advanced placement (AP) credits in New York?
- Which colleges offer ROTC Army programs in New York?
- What is The Average Acceptance Rate in New York?
- How many colleges require the high school GPA in New York?
- Which colleges are Private Schools (not-for-profit) in New York?
- Which colleges offer meal (board) plans in New York?
- Which colleges accept credit for life experiences in New York?