Acceptance Rate 50.16%
Yield (Enrollment Ratio) 19.79%
The average acceptance rate is 50.16% at New York colleges and universities where total 1,269,540 students have applied and 636,820 have been accepted. The average undergraduate application fees is $67.84 and the graduate application fees is $68.96. Next table presents the general admission information for applying to New York colleges.
|Open Admission Policy||186 out of 464 schools|
|Average Undergraduate Application Fees||$ 67.84|
|Average Graduate Application Fees||$ 68.96|
|Average Acceptance Rate||50.16%|
|Average Yield (Enrollment Rate)||19.79%|
|Average Test Scores||1,188 SAT / 76 ACT|
For New York college, 79,833 students (74.42% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 20,443 students (23.27%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees. For score submitters, SAT 75th percentile score is 1,285 and 25th percentile score is 1,091. For ACT scores, 75th percentile score is 85 and 25th percentile score is 67. Next table shows the detail SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at New York colleges and universities.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||543.76||636.10|
In New York State, 297 schools use semester calendar systems and 5 schools are based on quarter system. Next table lists the number of schools with their calendar systems.
Next table describes credits that New York colleges and universities are accepting for their students
118 New York schools require High School GPA and 152 schools require High School Record (or Transcript). The test scores such as SAT and ACT are required by 71 New York colleges. Next table summarizes the application requirements for applying to New York colleges.
|High School GPA||118||20|
|High School Rank||11||64|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||152||46|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||84||66|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||47||29|
|Admission Test Scores||71||21|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||17||9|
- Which colleges offer ROTC Navy programs in New York?
- How much is The Average Graduate Tuition & Fees in New York?
- How much is The Average Tuition & Fees in New York?
- Which colleges offer Less than 1 year certificate program in New York?
- Which colleges offer Graduate distance education programs (online completely) in New York?
- Which colleges offer Study Abroad programs in New York?
- Which colleges offer Weekend/Evening College in New York?
- Which colleges offer Doctorate Degree (Research) in New York?
- Which colleges provide Credit for military training in New York?
- Which colleges are 4 years or High in New York?