Acceptance Rate 9.00%
SAT Score 1,520
ACT Score 34
For the academic year 2022-23, the acceptance rate is 9% at Bowdoin College where a total of 9,376 students applied and 844 were accepted. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 1,520 and the average ACT score is 34. It requires four items to submit to their applicants.
The following table describes the general admission information for applying to Bowdoin.
|Open Admission Policy||✗|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||$65|
|Graduate Application Fees||$-1|
|Average Test Scores||1,520 SAT / 34 ACT|
|Credits Accepted||Advanced placement (AP) Credits|
At Bowdoin, 183 applicants (36% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 108 applicants (21%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees.
The average SAT score of those who submitted scores is 1,520 and the average ACT score is 34 at Bowdoin. SAT 75th percentile score is 1,560 and 25th percentile score is 1,460. For ACT scores, the 75th percentile score is 105 and the 25th percentile score is 98. The following table shows the detailed SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at Bowdoin.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||720||770|
Bowdoin College requires 4 item(s) (High School Record (or Transcript), Completion of College Preparatory Program, Recommendations, TOEFL) to submit to their applicants. In addition, 5 item(s) (High School GPA, High School Rank, Formal Demonstration of Competencies, Admission Test Scores, Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)) are considered but not required to submit.
|High School GPA||△|
|High School Rank||△|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||✔|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||✔|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||△|
|Admission Test Scores||△|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||△|
|✔ Required △ Considered (not Required) ✓ Recommended ✗ Neither Required nor Recommended|
The calendar system at Bowdoin College is Semester. Bowdoin College accepts Advanced placement (AP) Credits. Next table describes credits that Bowdoin College accepts.
|Credits for Life Experiences||✗|
|Advanced placement (AP) Credits||✔|
|Credit for military training||✗|
- What is The Average Yield (enrollment rate) in Maine?
- Which colleges offer Bachelor's Degree in Maine?
- Which colleges are Private Schools (not-for-profit) in Maine?
- How many colleges require Formal demonstration of competencies in Maine?
- What is The Average Transfer-out Rate in Maine?
- Which colleges offer Undergraduate distance education (online) courses in Maine?
- Which colleges offer Less than 1 year certificate program in Maine?
- Which colleges grant Credit for military training in Maine?
- How many colleges offer Online Programs (Distance Learning) in Maine?
- Which colleges offer meal (board) plans in Maine?