Acceptance Rate 49.00%
SAT Score 1,430
ACT Score 29
For the academic year 2022-23, the acceptance rate is 49% at University of Wisconsin-Madison where a total of 60,214 students applied and 29,505 were accepted. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 1,430 and the average ACT score is 29. It requires five items to submit to their applicants.
The following table describes the general admission information for applying to Wisconsin-Madison.
|Open Admission Policy||✗|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||$60|
|Graduate Application Fees||$75|
|Average Test Scores||1,430 SAT / 29 ACT|
|Credits Accepted||Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credit for Military Training|
At Wisconsin-Madison, 1,457 applicants (17% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 3,440 applicants (40%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees.
The average SAT score of those who submitted scores is 1,430 and the average ACT score is 29 at Wisconsin-Madison. SAT 75th percentile score is 1,510 and 25th percentile score is 1,340. For ACT scores, the 75th percentile score is 96 and the 25th percentile score is 76. The following table shows the detailed SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at Wisconsin-Madison.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||650||730|
University of Wisconsin-Madison requires 5 item(s) (High School GPA, High School Record (or Transcript), Completion of College Preparatory Program, Recommendations, TOEFL) to submit to their applicants. In addition, 2 item(s) (High School Rank, Admission Test Scores) are considered but not required to submit.
|High School GPA||✔|
|High School Rank||△|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||✔|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||✔|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||✗|
|Admission Test Scores||△|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||✗|
|✔ Required △ Considered (not Required) ✓ Recommended ✗ Neither Required nor Recommended|
The calendar system at University of Wisconsin-Madison is Semester. University of Wisconsin-Madison accepts Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credit for Military Training. Next table describes credits that University of Wisconsin-Madison accepts.
|Credits for Life Experiences||✗|
|Advanced placement (AP) Credits||✔|
|Credit for military training||✔|
- How many colleges require Formal demonstration of competencies in Wisconsin?
- Which colleges accept credit for life experiences in Wisconsin?
- Which colleges offer ROTC programs in Wisconsin?
- Which colleges offer ROTC Air Force programs in Wisconsin?
- Which colleges are Private Schools (not-for-profit) in Wisconsin?
- Which colleges are Less than 2 years in Wisconsin?
- Which colleges offer Post-Bachelor's Program in Wisconsin?
- Which colleges require First-time students to live on campus in Wisconsin?
- How many colleges require the high school GPA in Wisconsin?
- Which colleges offer Undergraduate distance education (online) courses in Wisconsin?