Acceptance Rate 36.08%
SAT Score 1,300
ACT Score 86
For academic year 2019-20, the acceptance rate is 36.08% at American University where total 18,545 students applied and 6,691 were accepted. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 1,300 at American. American requires 5 items and recommends 1 articles to submit to their applicants. Next table describes the general admission information for applying to American University.
|Open Admission Policy||✗|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||$70|
|Graduate Application Fees||$61|
|Average Test Scores||1,300 SAT / 86 ACT|
|Credits Accepted||Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits|
At American, 937 applicants (53% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 546 applicants (31%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees (academic year 2019-2020). The average SAT score of those who submitted scores is 1,300 and the average ACT score is 86 at American. SAT 75th percentile score is 1,390 and 25th percentile score is 1,210. For ACT scores, 75th percentile score is 93 and 25th percentile score is 78. Next table shows detail SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at American University.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||620||700|
American University requires 5 items (High School GPA, High School Record (or Transcript), Completion of College Preparatory Program, Recommendations, TOEFL) and recommends 1 articles (Formal Demonstration of Competencies) to submit to their applicants. In addition, 1 items (Admission Test Scores) are considered but not required to submit. Next table summarizes the application requirements at American University
|High School GPA||✔|
|High School Rank||✗|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||✔|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||✔|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||✓|
|Admission Test Scores||△|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||✗|
|✔ Required △ Considered (not Required) ✓ Recommended ✗ Neither Required nor Recommended|
The calendar system at American University is Semester. American University accepts Dual Credits, Advanced placement (AP) Credits. Next table describes credits that American University accepts.
|Credits for Life Experiences||✗|
|Advanced placement (AP) Credits||✔|
|Credit for military training||✗|
- Which colleges offer Post-Bachelor's Program in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges offer Weekend/Evening College in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges offer Master's Degree in District of Columbia?
- How much is The Average Graduate Tuition & Fees in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges are 2-4 Years in District of Columbia?
- How many colleges require the high school GPA in District of Columbia?
- How many colleges require the Completion of college-preparatory program in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges provide Yellow Ribbon Program (officially known as Post-9/11 GI Bill, Ye in District of Columbia?
- What is The Average Retention Rate in District of Columbia?
- Which colleges accept advanced placement (AP) credits in District of Columbia?