Acceptance Rate 6.64%
SAT Score 1,520
ACT Score 34
Applying To Pomona
For the academic year 2021-22, the acceptance rate is 6.64% at Pomona College where a total of 11,620 students applied and 771 were accepted. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 1,520 and the average ACT score is 34. It requires four items to submit to their applicants.
The following table describes the general admission information for applying to Pomona.
|Open Admission Policy||✗|
|Undergraduate Application Fees||$70|
|Graduate Application Fees||$-1|
|Average Test Scores||1,520 SAT / 34 ACT|
|Credits Accepted||Advanced placement (AP) Credits|
Acceptance Rate, Yield, and Headcounts
For the academic year 2021-2022, the acceptance rate is 6.64% where a total of 11,620 students (4,678 men and 6,942 women) have applied to Pomona and 771 (336 men and 435 women) students have been admitted to the school.
Among them, 196 male and 255 female students have enrolled into Pomona and its yield, also known as enrollment rate is 58.50%. The following table shows the admission statistics including admission stats, acceptance rate, and yield.
|Yield (Enrollment Rate)||58.50%||58.33%||58.62%|
Average SAT and ACT Scores
At Pomona, 166 applicants (37% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 129 applicants (29%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees.
The average SAT score of those who submitted scores is 1,520 and the average ACT score is 34 at Pomona. SAT 75th percentile score is 1,570 and 25th percentile score is 1,470. For ACT scores, the 75th percentile score is 106 and the 25th percentile score is 98. The following table shows the detailed SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at Pomona.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||730||770|
Pomona College requires 4 item(s) (High School Record (or Transcript), Completion of College Preparatory Program, Recommendations, TOEFL) to submit to their applicants. In addition, 3 item(s) (High School GPA, High School Rank, Admission Test Scores) are considered but not required to submit.
|High School GPA||△|
|High School Rank||△|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||✔|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||✔|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||✗|
|Admission Test Scores||△|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||✗|
|✔ Required △ Considered (not Required) ✓ Recommended ✗ Neither Required nor Recommended|
Calendar System and Accepted Credits
The calendar system at Pomona College is Semester. Pomona College accepts Advanced placement (AP) Credits. Next table describes credits that Pomona College accepts.
|Credits for Life Experiences||✗|
|Advanced placement (AP) Credits||✔|
|Credit for military training||✗|
Know about California Colleges
- Which colleges provide Yellow Ribbon Program (officially known as Post-9/11 GI Bill, Ye in California?
- Which colleges offer Bachelor's Degree in California?
- Which colleges provide Placement Services in California?
- Which colleges provide Recognized student veteran organization in California?
- How many colleges require the high school GPA in California?
- How many colleges require the Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) in California?
- How many colleges require the Completion of college-preparatory program in California?
- How many colleges require the high school rank in California?
- How many colleges offer Graduate Programs in California?
- How many colleges offer Online Programs (Distance Learning) in California?