What Is The Average Retention Rate In Connecticut?
The retention rate is the percentage of first-time students who attend and continue their study in next year at colleges. The low retention rate means that more students transfer out to or stop/pause the program at a school. In general, high ranked colleges or special purpose colleges' retention rate is higher than others.
The average retention rate of Connecticut colleges is 72.08% for full-time students and 49.38% for part-time students. 21,137 out of 27,545 full-time first-year students continued their study in next year at Connecticut colleges. In public Connecticut colleges, the retention rate is 72% and private schools' rate is 79% By school levels, the retention rate at four-years colleges is 76% and community colleges' rate is 64% in Connecticut.
The next schools are the top 5 Connecticut colleges that have the highest retention rate. Yale University has the highest retention rate of 98% among Connecticut colleges. University of Connecticut and Fairfield University also have higher rate of 92% and 89% respectively. For the ranking, we exclude community colleges and four-colleges with less than 1,000 first-time students.
- Yale University Retention Rate: 98%
- University of Connecticut Retention Rate: 92% (full-time), 42% (part-time)
- Fairfield University Retention Rate: 89% (full-time), 33% (part-time)
- Quinnipiac University Retention Rate: 87%
- Sacred Heart University Retention Rate: 86%
The following table summarizes the average retention rate in Connecticut.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|4 years or high||76.48%||77.45%||78.93%||54.00%|
|less than 1 year||70.04%||93.67%||-||66.67%|
The following table summarizes the retention rate and number of students by attending status for Connecticut collegesNumbers in parentheses in each column indicate the number of students in the corresponding category.
|Retention Rate||First-time Students||Enrolled in Next Year|
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between Connecticut Best Schools
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between All Connecticut Schools
- Core Statistics for College Graduation Rate Stats at Connecticut
- Average Connecticut Graduation Rate Statistics
- Colleges with Highest Graduation Rate in Connecticut
- Colleges with Lowest Graduation Rate in Connecticut
- Lowest Students to Faculty Ratio in Connecticut
- Highest Students to Faculty Ratio in Connecticut