What Is The Average Retention Rate In Maryland?
The retention rate is the percentage of first-time students who attend and continue their study in next year at colleges. The low retention rate means that more students transfer out to or stop/pause the program at a school. In general, high ranked colleges or special purpose colleges' retention rate is higher than others.
The average retention rate of Maryland colleges is 68.97% for full-time students and 55.33% for part-time students. 26,001 out of 33,897 full-time first-year students continued their study in next year at Maryland colleges. In public Maryland colleges, the retention rate is 68% and private schools' rate is 80% By school levels, the retention rate at four-years colleges is 77% and community colleges' rate is 61% in Maryland.
The next schools are the top 5 Maryland colleges that have the highest retention rate. Johns Hopkins University has the highest retention rate of 96% among Maryland colleges. University of Maryland-College Park and Loyola University Maryland also have higher rate of 95% and 88% respectively. For the ranking, we exclude community colleges and four-colleges with less than 1,000 first-time students.
- Johns Hopkins University Retention Rate: 96%
- University of Maryland-College Park Retention Rate: 95% (full-time), 82% (part-time)
- Loyola University Maryland Retention Rate: 88% (full-time), 100% (part-time)
- University of Maryland-Baltimore County Retention Rate: 87% (full-time), 70% (part-time)
- Towson University Retention Rate: 85% (full-time), 71% (part-time)
The following table summarizes the average retention rate in Maryland.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|4 years or high||76.97%||75.54%||79.50%||50.00%|
|less than 1 year||66.13%||-||-||66.13%|
The following table summarizes the retention rate and number of students by attending status for Maryland collegesNumbers in parentheses in each column indicate the number of students in the corresponding category.
|Retention Rate||First-time Students||Enrolled in Next Year|
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between Maryland Best Schools
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between All Maryland Schools
- Core Statistics for College Graduation Rate Stats at Maryland
- Average Maryland Graduation Rate Statistics
- Colleges with Highest Graduation Rate in Maryland
- Colleges with Lowest Graduation Rate in Maryland
- Lowest Students to Faculty Ratio in Maryland
- Highest Students to Faculty Ratio in Maryland