Acceptance Rate 6.42%
SAT Score 1,545
ACT Score 36
For the academic year 2019-20, the acceptance rate is 6.42% at California Institute of Technology where a total of 8,367 students applied and 537 were accepted. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 1,545 and the average ACT score is 36. It requires five items and recommends 2 articles to submit to their applicants. The following table describes the general admission information for applying to California Institute of Technology.
At Caltech, 186 applicants (79% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 98 applicants (42%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees. The average SAT score of those who submitted scores is 1,545 and the average ACT score is 36 at Caltech. SAT 75th percentile score is 1,560 and 25th percentile score is 1,530. For ACT scores, the 75th percentile score is 108 and the 25th percentile score is 105. The following table shows the detailed SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at Caltech.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||740||760|
California Institute of Technology requires 5 item(s) (High School Record (or Transcript), Completion of College Preparatory Program, Recommendations, Admission Test Scores, TOEFL) and recommends 2 articles (High School GPA, High School Rank) to submit to their applicants. The following table summarizes the application requirements at California Institute of Technology
|High School GPA||✓|
|High School Rank||✓|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||✔|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||✔|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||✗|
|Admission Test Scores||✔|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||✗|
|✔ Required △ Considered (not Required) ✓ Recommended ✗ Neither Required nor Recommended|
The calendar system at California Institute of Technology is Quarter. Next table describes credits that California Institute of Technology accepts.
|Credits for Life Experiences||✗|
|Advanced placement (AP) Credits||✗|
|Credit for military training||✗|
- Which colleges offer Master's Degree in California?
- Which colleges require First-time students to live on campus in California?
- How many colleges are historically Black colleges (HBCUs) in California?
- Which colleges offer Post-Bachelor's Program in California?
- Which colleges offer Tuition guaranteed plan in California?
- Which colleges accept credit for life experiences in California?
- How many colleges require the Completion of college-preparatory program in California?
- Which colleges offer Bachelor's Degree in California?
- Which colleges offer Weekend/Evening College in California?
- Which colleges accept Prepaid Tuition plan in California?