Acceptance Rate 6.70%
SAT Score 1,540
ACT Score 35
For the academic year 2019-20, the acceptance rate is 6.7% at Massachusetts Institute of Technology where a total of 21,312 students applied and 1,427 were accepted. The average SAT score of enrolled students is 1,540 and the average ACT score is 35. It requires three items and recommends 3 articles to submit to their applicants. The following table describes the general admission information for applying to Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
At MIT, 845 applicants (77% of enrolled) have submitted their SAT scores and 493 applicants (45%) have submitted their ACT scores for seeking degrees. The average SAT score of those who submitted scores is 1,540 and the average ACT score is 35 at MIT. SAT 75th percentile score is 1,570 and 25th percentile score is 1,510. For ACT scores, the 75th percentile score is 108 and the 25th percentile score is 103. The following table shows the detailed SAT and ACT scores distribution of enrolled students at MIT.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||730||770|
Massachusetts Institute of Technology requires 3 item(s) (High School Record (or Transcript), Recommendations, Admission Test Scores) and recommends 3 articles (High School GPA, Completion of College Preparatory Program, TOEFL) to submit to their applicants. The following table summarizes the application requirements at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
|High School GPA||✓|
|High School Rank||✗|
|High School Record (or Transcript)||✔|
|Completion of College Preparatory Program||✓|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||✗|
|Admission Test Scores||✔|
|Other Test (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||✗|
|✔ Required △ Considered (not Required) ✓ Recommended ✗ Neither Required nor Recommended|
The calendar system at Massachusetts Institute of Technology is Four-one-four plan. Massachusetts Institute of Technology accepts Advanced placement (AP) Credits, Credit for Military Training. Next table describes credits that Massachusetts Institute of Technology accepts.
|Calendar System||Four-one-four plan|
|Credits for Life Experiences||✗|
|Advanced placement (AP) Credits||✔|
|Credit for military training||✔|
- Which colleges offer Tuition guaranteed plan in Massachusetts?
- How many colleges are historically Black colleges (HBCUs) in Massachusetts?
- Which colleges provide Member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges in Massachusetts?
- What is The Average Yield (enrollment rate) in Massachusetts?
- Which colleges offer Undergraduate distance education (online) courses in Massachusetts?
- Which colleges are 4 years or High in Massachusetts?
- How many colleges are Tribal Colleges and Universities in Massachusetts?
- Which colleges accept Dual Credit in Massachusetts?
- How much is The Average Graduate Tuition & Fees in Massachusetts?
- How many colleges require the high school GPA in Massachusetts?