What Is The Average Graduation Rate In Alabama?
The graduation rate is a percentage of graduate candidates who complete their degree in expected completion timeIn general, the graduation rate is computed based on the completion in the 150% of normal time. For example, for the 4-years bachelor's degree programs, the number of completers who completed in 6 years is used to compute the graduation rate.
The average graduation rate of Alabama colleges is 43.67%. It includes all institutions' rate (i.e. 4-years and 2-years or less) where the graduation data is available. In public colleges, the graduation rate is 36.62% and private schools' rate is 45.50%.
By gender, the female students' graduation rate is 62.72% and male students' rate is 54.10%.
The schools in below list are the top 5 Alabama colleges that have the highest graduation rate. Auburn University has the highest graduation rate of 81% among Alabama colleges. Samford University and The University of Alabama also have higher graduation rate of 79% and 72% respectively. For the ranking, we exclude colleges with less than 5,000 students. You can view more schools at Alabama colleges with high graduation rate.
- Auburn University graduation rate: 81%, transfer-out: 13%
- Samford University graduation rate: 79%
- The University of Alabama graduation rate: 72%, transfer-out: 19%
- University of Alabama at Birmingham graduation rate: 62%, transfer-out: 18%
- University of Alabama in Huntsville graduation rate: 61%, transfer-out: 24%
The following table summarizes the average graduation rate in Alabama.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|4 years or high||46.16%||50.69%||45.50%||22.00%|
|less than 1 year||62.29%||-||-||62.29%|
Bachelor's degree Graduation Rate
For the four-years Alabama institutions where BS degree grants, the average graduation rate is 58.93%. 17,173 students graduated out of 29,140 candidates. 684 students are still enrolled in the schools and 6,422 students are no longer enrolled or transferred out to other institutions.
By completion time, 11,443 students have completed their degree in 4 years or less as the rate is 39.27% at Alabama colleges. 4,688 students completed in 5 years and 5,738 students earned their BS degree in 6 years.
The following table summarizes the graduation rate and number of completers by gender and completion time for Alabama collegesNumbers in parentheses in each column indicate the number of completers over candidates in the corresponding category.
|Total||Female Students||Male Students|
|Graduation Rate (in 150% normal time)||58.93%|
|In 4 Years or Less||39.27%|
|In 5 Years||16.09%|
|In 6 Years||3.58%|
|No longer Enrolled||2.35%|
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between Alabama Best Schools
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between All Alabama Schools
- Core Statistics for College Graduation Rate Stats at Alabama
- Average Alabama Graduation Rate Statistics
- Colleges with Highest Graduation Rate in Alabama
- Colleges with Lowest Graduation Rate in Alabama
- Lowest Students to Faculty Ratio in Alabama
- Highest Students to Faculty Ratio in Alabama