What Is The Average Transfer-out Rate In Alabama?
The transfer-out rate is a percentage graduate candidates who transferred-out to other schools. The average transfer-out rate of Alabama colleges is 22.46%. It includes all institutions' rate (i.e. 4-years and 2-years or less) where the transfer-out information is available. In public colleges, the transfer-out rate is 22.97% and private schools' rate is 23.00%. By school levels, the transfer out rate is 21.74% and community colleges' rate is 23.09% in Alabama.
By gender, the female students' transfer-out rate is 19.94% and male students' rate is 19.38%.
The next schools are the top 5 Alabama colleges that have the highest transfer-out rate. Alabama A & M University has the highest transfer-out rate of 34% among Alabama colleges. Auburn University at Montgomery and University of South Alabama also have higher transfer-out rate of 34% and 30% respectively. For the ranking, we exclude community colleges and four-colleges with less than 5,000 students.
- Alabama A & M University transfer-out rate: 34%, graduation: 28%
- Auburn University at Montgomery transfer-out rate: 34%, graduation: 36%
- University of South Alabama transfer-out rate: 30%, graduation: 47%
- University of North Alabama transfer-out rate: 29%, graduation: 51%
- Jacksonville State University transfer-out rate: 27%, graduation: 50%
The following table summarizes the average transfer-out rate in Alabama.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|4 years or high||21.74%||22.77%||23.00%||2.00%|
|less than 1 year||-||-||-||-|
Transfer-out Rate for BS Degree Granting Schools
For the four-years Alabama institutions where BS degree grants, the average transfer-out rate is 19.69%. 5,738 students transferred-out to other schools among 29,140 graduate candidates. 17,173 students graduated in 150% of normal time (i.e. 6 years) and 684 students are still enrolled in Alabama colleges.
The following table summarizes the transfer-out rate by gender with the graduation rate for Alabama collegesNumbers in parentheses in each column indicate the number of students over candidates in the corresponding category.
|Total||Female Students||Male Students|
|Graduation Rate (in 150% normal time)||58.93%|
|No longer Enrolled||2.35%|
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between Alabama Best Schools
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between All Alabama Schools
- Core Statistics for College Graduation Rate Stats at Alabama
- Average Alabama Graduation Rate Statistics
- Colleges with Highest Graduation Rate in Alabama
- Colleges with Lowest Graduation Rate in Alabama
- Lowest Students to Faculty Ratio in Alabama
- Highest Students to Faculty Ratio in Alabama