What Is The Average Transfer-out Rate In North Carolina?
The transfer-out rate is a percentage graduate candidates who transferred-out to other schools. The average transfer-out rate of North Carolina colleges is 20.34%. It includes all institutions' rate (i.e. 4-years and 2-years or less) where the transfer-out information is available. In public colleges, the transfer-out rate is 19.60% and private schools' rate is 27.74%. By school levels, the transfer out rate is 25.84% and community colleges' rate is 17.13% in North Carolina.
By gender, the female students' transfer-out rate is 17.06% and male students' rate is 17.11%.
The next schools are the top 5 North Carolina colleges that have the highest transfer-out rate. University of North Carolina at Pembroke has the highest transfer-out rate of 36% among North Carolina colleges. Campbell University and Fayetteville State University also have higher transfer-out rate of 34% and 31% respectively. For the ranking, we exclude community colleges and four-colleges with less than 5,000 students.
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke transfer-out rate: 36%, graduation: 43%
- Campbell University transfer-out rate: 34%, graduation: 56%
- Fayetteville State University transfer-out rate: 31%, graduation: 37%
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro transfer-out rate: 27%, graduation: 58%
- Western Carolina University transfer-out rate: 27%, graduation: 61%
The following table summarizes the average transfer-out rate in North Carolina.
|Total||Public||Private (not-for-profit)||Private (for-profit)|
|4 years or high||25.84%||24.75%||28.67%||14.67%|
|less than 1 year||2.00%||-||-||2.00%|
Transfer-out Rate for BS Degree Granting Schools
For the four-years North Carolina institutions where BS degree grants, the average transfer-out rate is 17.08%. 8,392 students transferred-out to other schools among 49,132 graduate candidates. 31,955 students graduated in 150% of normal time (i.e. 6 years) and 578 students are still enrolled in North Carolina colleges.
The following table summarizes the transfer-out rate by gender with the graduation rate for North Carolina collegesNumbers in parentheses in each column indicate the number of students over candidates in the corresponding category.
|Total||Female Students||Male Students|
|Graduation Rate (in 150% normal time)||65.04%|
|No longer Enrolled||1.18%|
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between North Carolina Best Schools
- Graduation Rate Statistics Comparison Between All North Carolina Schools
- Core Statistics for College Graduation Rate Stats at North Carolina
- Average North Carolina Graduation Rate Statistics
- Colleges with Highest Graduation Rate in North Carolina
- Colleges with Lowest Graduation Rate in North Carolina
- Lowest Students to Faculty Ratio in North Carolina
- Highest Students to Faculty Ratio in North Carolina